An online immersion cultivating an intentional shift from racial innocence and distress to racial literacy and harmony within community.
Exploring Tender Territory:
- How did I come to see what I see, do what I do, fear what I fear, think what I think about race and racism?
- What are my distinct racial experiences? What's it like coming out of hiding? And what experiences do I share with others of my racial affinity group?
- How does my racial conditioning and reactivity help or hinder what I most care about?
- What impact does my honesty and vulnerability about race have on others? How am I impacted when others share their experiences?
- How much care and tenderness can I tolerate from members of my own race?
- What role do I play in the persistent injury and chronic ignorance of race and racism?
- What seeds are my thoughts and actions planting?
The RA-GDP offers self-formed racial affinity groups a 12-month blueprint to engage two areas crucial for racial healing:
- Investigating our racial conditioning and kinship with members of our own race through heart-centered inquiry, and;
- Attending to how we create beloved community and heal moral injury while progressing through three predictable stages of group life.
This powerful duo creates an embodied learning laboratory for ripening racial literacy, stability, and affinity.
Through monthly inquiry, we are bringing to light our buried uneasiness, our deceptive discomfort, and our unadmitted despair. We are leaning toward what is unfamiliar and inspecting more closely what is habitual and defended, as well as what is worthy of celebration. We are recognizing the stories we have been told and the stories we tell ourselves. We are seeing more clearly our role in racial harming and healing.
Talking about race is edgy! When sharing racial experiences, we may feel exposed and unskilled as we reveal the anger, shame, and fear that accommodate being open. These feelings can trigger a number of exit impulses: to drop out, strike out, shut down, or remain superficial or guarded in group interactions. Because of this predictable vulnerability, you are supported in navigating three stages of group life. Inclusion, Control, and Belonging. When embraced thoughtfully, each stage develops the support group members need for commitment, truth telling, and connection.
This 12-month virtual immersion includes:
- 8 hours of instruction with Ruth King
- 30 hours of RA Group guidance
- 2 hours of group coaching for designated coordinators
- 8 hours with the RA-GDP Cohort – the larger community participating in this program
Pilot Program Special Rate: $250 per person. You must register and pay as a RA Group by July 15th.
Are you ready?
Register by July 15th
"Ruth is literally on a mission to get the blood pumping through the heart of humanity again. This program is for you if you are ready to show up differently, to be a part of the healing, to shift the paradigm, to uncover lineage and inherited beliefs." Are you ready? ~ Kristen Noel, Best Self Magazine